Looking your best during a photo shoot, whether it is an engagement, bridal, wedding, fashion or a high school senior portrait session, is simple. However, it does require some effort. It could require breaking some bad habits and as with doing anything well, it does require practice. Following these steps will give you a great foundation for getting the best results at your next photo shoot.
1. Water — The secret for beautiful skin. Drink plenty of water starting a week in advance of your photo shoot. This will hydrate your skin.
2. Sleeping beauty — Rest well the night before to prevent dark circles or bags under your eyes.
3. The search for inspiration — Look at magazines or online images to spark ideas of what would you like your pictures to look like, and communicate those ideas to your photographer. This will also give ideas for interesting poses.
4. Get to know yourself and your best angles using a mirror — Everybody has a specific angle in which they photograph best. Stand in front of a mirror, move your head slowly up and down, tilt it side to side, and right and left. Look carefully to find the angles where you look your best. Try to practice making different expressions, smiles and poses to notice what looks best.
5. Eat — Eat something light before the photo shoot. You will need your energy.
6. Your nails — Make sure that your nails are neat and well taken care of. Bad nails could ruin a great shot!
7. Hair Removal — Wax, shave or pluck your eyebrows a few days in advance, you do not want irritated skin before your shoot.
8. Don’t try new products! — Nothing is worse than trying something new that has a bad result a day or two before a photography session.
9. Avoid Salt — Eating salt can cause water retention.
10. Clothes — Try on outfits beforehand. Choose colors that look good on you and clothes that aren’t too tight and pulling or stretching anywhere. Check for any loose buttons or stains.
Preparation is everything when it comes to looking your best at a photography session. If you would like addition tips, you can learn how to act like a professional model at your next Dallas photo shoot. Best of luck to you!